South Trail Animal Hospital follows the approved vaccination protocol shown below so that our patients can remain healthy and up to date on vaccines while avoiding the risks associated with over-vaccination.
FVR (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici Virus, and Panleukopenia)
- Given initially at 6 weeks of age
- Then boostered at 9 and 12 weeks of age, and annually thereafter
- If the first vaccine is given at 12 weeks or older, a booster is given in 3 - 4 weeks
- Given initially at 12 weeks of age
- Then boostered at 15 months (about one year from when Rabies was initially given)
- Then every 3 years thereafter
Please remember to discuss this vaccine with your veterinarian, as it is usually only given to patients who are considered "at risk" for this disease.
- Given initially at 9 weeks of age
- Then boostered at 12 weeks of age and annually thereafter
We know that each pet's specific health needs may vary, and encourage you to speak with your veterinarian about what is best for your pet. Please feel free to call us at (239) 481- 3525 if you have any questions.